Sunday, January 22, 2006

Complaint Letters Go Unanswered at Singapore Ministry of Education

Complaint Letters Go Unanswered at Singapore Ministry of Education
Mon, 16 Jan 2006
Dear MOE Contact,

I have been running in circles getting paperworks to meet a Ministry of Education in Singapore contract offer as a trained English teacher. The problem is that your contract department is trying to screw me on salary. So I am being difficult and have about two days before deadline and I am still not sending in yet. It may just be for the best if I do not take it. I will not work for cheaters and liars. Which is what your contract adminstrators are making your Ministry look like to me now.

Considering filling the paper requirements for this position has occupied most of my free time other than writing and reading on my time off. So I am learning from it regardless of what happens. I will be moving from what was a satisfying contract in Korea, because I chose not to re-sign my contract here, missing out on a raise offer, because Singapore MOE said it would be coming through with a favourable salary adjustment following my proofs of work experience. Which it has renigged upon.

I have been cost thousands and I will not stand for such poor treatment. It is an insult, not only to me, but to your good management of your employees. If this is the kind of treatment that your administrative officers are permitted to deliver to hard-working individuals like me willing to be available for your employment, it is unconscionable, unethical, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for pushing me to complain about it.

I spent most of Christmas travelling three and four days around Korea to get five years of proof of work certificates. Meanwhile contracts management may have changed, and I got a notification following faxes of my proofs to say no adjusting salary increase would be provided as previously indicated. Grrr. You are doing little for your global image here. I will tell ten people. They will tell ten people, and so on, and so on...

I screwed up I guess in trusting lying bastards? That is what your Ministry looks like to me now. But I will be damned if I will let you get away with what your representatives did. I want "Lodi May" 's Manager informed to seek recourse in the time left, and if necessary I would like to make an official complaint that will lodge on her record permanently on the object of breach of good faith in contract negotiation. I am not at all convinced that that woman has any idea what she is doing. I have sent repeated requests for clarification of contract issues and educational benefits, implied in the interview in particular, but also due to recruiter's information, also a government employee, without any satisfying responses since the end of Christmas season.

Please refer me to the relevant authorities, be they Managers in your Ministry of Education, Foreign Recruitment, National Auditor's General, whatever or otherwise. You cannot expect satisfied signing acceptance of employment offer if such under-handed emasculation is allowed to stand. I would never stand for it. In fact, I could never even imagine doing that to anyone I expected to work for me.

But you can expect to be requested to compensate my losses. With good management of the problem. Clear it up, and promise me I will never have to do any transactions with those people again.

Sincerely, Daniel Costello
Mon, 16 Jan 2006
Dear Andrea Quek,

I have been running in circles getting paperworks for the Ministry of Education in Singapore position of trained English teacher. Problem is they are trying to screw me on salary. So I am being difficult and have about two days before deadline and I am still not sending in yet. It may just be for the best if I do not take it. I will not work for cheaters and liars.

Anyway it has occupied most of my free time other than writing and reading on my time off. So I am learning from it regardless of what happens. I will be moving this time, because I chose not to resign my contract here, missing out on a raise, because Singapore MOE said they would be coming through with a favourable salary adjustment following my proofs of work experience.

And I spent most of Christmas travelling three and four days around Korea to get five years of work certificates. Meanwhile their contracts management changed, and I got a beatrix beast who came through following faxes of my proofs to say they would not be adjusting salary as indicated. Grrr.

I screwed up I guess in trusting lying bastards. But I will be damned if I will let them get away with what they did. I want "Lodi May" 's Manager informed to seek recourse in the time left, and if necessary I would like to make an official complaint that will lodge on her record permanently on the object of breach of good faith in contract negotiation.

Please refer me to the relevant authorities, be they her Managers in the Ministry of Education, Foreign Recruitment, or otherwise.

Cheers, Danny Costello

No comments: