Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Scheme of Work

You may be surprised to know that the word "scheme" in American and Canadian English has in some way been elided to its most negative connotations. Those of us on the western border of the Atlantic generally go with the word "plan." Otherwise, "Scheme of Work" brings to mind visions of Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunner.

I generally need to submit a similar schema although much more limited to my university's online syllabus or study plan provided to the students in advance of lessons. For reference in class I always generate at least a one page syllabus plan to provide them at introductory lessons and encourage them to paste it inside their book's front cover.

Market Leader Pre-Intermediate provides a general lesson plan ideal for those of us who do not carry our books across borders.

This provided work scheme is fairly true to my most recent completed semester however I have used 2008 schedule available on my USB carried along here to Phnom Penh. In addition I am guilty of failing to adequately updating homework links lately for I have begun to encourage students to simply search google for similar possible sources of answers to homework and discussion questions where my ancient links may have failed. Some understand this while others seek constant guidance to "the single answer"where I would prefer a multiple number of possible responses.

I have used the format for scheme of work available here.

No comments: