Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The worst meeting I ever attended...

The worst meeting I ever attended was completely unscheduled in advance and as one of many civilian military employees I was herded into a small lecture hall which barely had enough chairs and air conditioning to hold a breathing mass of irritated Syrians, Egyptians, Jordanians, Canadians and Americans. Our boss was an incompletely educated Emirati Major who enjoyed peppering his discourse with references to his time at Cambridge repeatedly referencing Cambridge this or that for repeated conversations. The meeting in question we waited forty-five minutes for him to arrive at the meeting he called to have a forty-five minute lecture on the wisdom of implementing a board-marker allowance. This is a distinct first for my list of "most hated meetings."Second place goes to the same boss who kept me heeled like a pet monkey in his office while he argued with a waiter over the time it takes to order and/or boil an egg following an order while I sat there forced to listen to one more reference to Cambridge. Our Major had attended a private language school in the City of Cambridge.

No comments: